Saturday, December 27, 2008

Frog and Toad All Year


I had read this book in Japanese when I was elementary school student. I think I couldn't understand this content enough at that time, but today I thought this one was interesting book. Frog and Toad are friends, and Frog is a stable but Toad is little lazy. Toad likes sleeping in the winter, but Frog invites him to go various place. The cycle of the seasons are written in this book too, so they experienced many happenings. My favorite story is about "Ice cream". I alsp liked an illustration about that story because I felt that illustration brought me back old memories. Then I found that there were many illustrations of nature in each section. I enjoied those things too. They lived like human. For example, they have home and clean their garden. In addition, they wear clothes. However, they are smaller then the other animals like rabbits or squirrels or wolves, so I thought their houses and clothes were so small. They actually hibernate during the winter, but two character in this book are so active, especially Frog is. Perhaps, soem of real frogs may do like them. They cooperate with each other when they have some troubles, so they have been good friend for a long time though their character are so different. I learned the important thing from them. If there are other series of this book, I want to read them. By the way, I want to eat ice-cream now because they were eating with relish.
251w

No comments: