Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Girl Named Helen Keller


Helen Keller had been born about 100 years before I was born. As many people know, she was deaf and blind. I knew about her from drama and book when I was an elementary school student. I was surprised about that at that time. I knew that there were deaf or blind, but I didn't know the person who couldn't see and hear neither. In addition, that is so hard to live more than what we expect. In fact, it seems that her character when she was young was so wild, and her parents were hard to take care of her. However, one day a key person appeard. Her name is Anne Sullivan. We can't tell about Helen Keller's life without her. They would live with each other after 50 years. She is famous of a teacher who teach words and so on to Helen, and the word which broke through their conflict was "water". This story is so famous too. She let her hand touch water and feel the sence of that. Helen's parents thought Sullivan's education to Helen was so strict, but I think that was the affection to Helen from Sullivan. Helen learned to read and write and even to speak. In addition, she went to school and graduated with honors. I didn't know about that and I was so surprised. I thought her difficulties were desperate but she had accomplished many things as similarly to us. She wrote 5 books and visited various countries and met king and the President. I thought we didn't have limitation any more.


263w (-105+21=-84w) / 10101w

No comments: