Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kumamoto Essay







I will introduce about Arao city I live. Arao is located in north Kumamoto, Kyuusyu, Japan. I will introduce that with 3 main characteristics. First, I will introduce about Arao's famous place and food and festival. Green land and Urutoraman land is famous place in Arao. Those two places are near my house. Green land is amusementpark. There are various attractions, ferris wheel, corkscrew, hounted house, amusement arcade, rides for child. In addition, there are various kind of restaurant. For example, fast food, curry, noodles, Itarian and so on. Some of corkscrew are famous because only Japan or only Kyusyu. Urutoraman land is locared next to Green land. There are located by people of many generations. Many attractions are there too, so children are pleased, and special services are offered. For example, taking a photograph with Urutora soliders, and getting a square piece of thick paper with autograph on birthday, and Urutoraman cerebrate at restaurant on birthday. 2500 goods are in the shop. Special rooms of Urutoraman are there in hotel next to the land, so family which come from far place are excited and other people too.

Next, I'll introduce about AraoKouensai. This is a festival of Arao, and be held two days in August. That was started in 1993. At this festival, various kinds of entertainment are held. For example, playing drum, contest of festival queen, Sanoyoi dance. At 2003's festival, performance of body-building and playing by street musicians are hold too.

Next, I'll introduce Arao pear. Arao pear is very famous brand under the Kumamoto. That weight is about 7.5kg, so that is very big. This pear is grown covered with bag and sold by the roadside near pear garden. In addition, we can buy that by Internet.

Next, I'll introduce about popuration of Arao city. Now, that is 56,536 ,and that 63,098 decreas from 1985. Women of that is 30,021 , and men of that is 26,515.
From 1972 to now, the number of women exceeds by men. Either of that have decreased from 1985. However, there is one thing which have increased. That is the number of household. That changes by year, but that have increased from 1988. I think this is affected by the increase of apartment buildings and renewal town. Seeing per generation, 55 to 59 years people are most, and women of that is 2683, men of that is 2630. I think those people was born after second world war. Finally, I'll introduce famous 3 peoples in Arao. First, Miyazaki brother. Hatiorou Miyazaki(1851~1877) is most oldest person of them. He absorbed campaign of the people's freedom rights. Minzou Miyazaki(1865~1877) dreamed to pioneer China, but that couldn't achieve. Yazou Miyazaki (1867~1896) was a thinker, and he loved China. The house where they were born is an appinted historicsite of Kumamoto, and we can visit by free. The second famous person is Kaidatu Kimiko. She was praised as person who has precious ability of poem by Hakusyuu Kitahara, and she was attracted as a girl of poem of child free poem from end of Taisyou era to beginning of Shouwa era. She died after her high school's graduation ceremony by sudden illness. However, she recorded great works with quality and value on literature magazine for child "Akai tori" and now she is one of special person of Japanese juvenile literature. The third person is Hideki Sekijima. He is a singer and song writer. He was born in Arao, and now he lives in Shiga. He sing about nature and great thing of home town and importance of contact with family, and he contacts various kind of people. His poem written by English is introduced to foreign countries on home page of the cabinet. He often appears to 24 hours TV.

~ Conclusion ~
This time, I serched my home town Arao city. I thought that is connected with my character. Greenland and Urutoraman land and Kouensai operate on my liking for going events. In addition, I could know again I went to same high school with Kimiko Kaidatu and Hideki Sekijima. I'm honored by that thing. After I searched, I found many things which I don't know in my accused city, for example, the house where Miyazaki brothers were born, so I could find many new things. I'm glsd to know that. In addition, I want to read books about Kimiko Kaidatsu and know her world. I'll find joy of Arao city which I don't know.(742 words)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you should improve "north Kumamoto , Kyushu,Japan"to "north Kumamoto, it's located in Kyushu, Japan"